These tacos are great for a hot summer evening, they don’t require very much cooking and best of all, most of this recipe can be made ahead of time. All you need is a margarita and some cute summertime cocktail napkins and you’re good to go!
- 1 1/2 lbs cod or white fish
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 lime, juice and zest
Place fish in a ziplock bag, sprinkle with taco seasoning and add lime zest and juice, let marinate for at least 4 hours or more.
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed in a garlic press
- 1 cup frozen fire-roasted corn or regular frozen corn (but I like the trader joes fire-roasted option)
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 avocado, cut into cubes
- 1 lime, zest, and juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper or more taste
- 1 package small “street” taco tortillas
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
Mix tomatoes, garlic, corn, black beans, avocado, lime juice and zest, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl, set aside and let it sit so that flavors meld.
Cook fish in saucepan for 5-8 minutes or until cooked through, place fish and salsa inside a tortilla and voila, your dinner is served!
Garnish with fresh cilantro.
T (Peanut Butter & Jelly Chronicles)