This chili is a staple in our house. It’s quick to make and
Serves 8 people
- 1 lb. lean ground turkey
- 3 cups ( 1 large) Onion chopped
- 2 cups (5 large) Carrots chopped
- 2 cups (1 large) Red Bell Pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/3 cup red wine
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup lite Mexican cheese
Begin by cooking the ground turkey in 1 teaspoon olive oil. this should take about 5-7 minutes. The turkey will be pale in color and no longer pink. Remove from pot and set aside.
In the same pot, add a nice drizzle of olive oil and sauté onions, carrots and bell pepper until onions are translucent and carrots are soft.
Serve with sour cream and lite Mexican cheese!